Registration is now open for the Thorium Energy Conference – ThEC13 in Geneva at CERN!
Thorium Energy is rapidly growing in popularity and so does the Thorium Energy Conference which is held at CERN in Geneva in partnership with iThEC.
CERN is in many ways a unique location as the world’s largest physics laboratory, the birthplace of the World Wide Web, the home of the Grid, discovery place of the Higgs (God) particle … the list is long.
The amount of places for ThEC13 are limited so don’t miss the opportunity to discover Thorium Energy and the people in the community at ThEC13 in Geneva by registering today.
Sunday October 27, 17:00
Reception and conference check-in material
Monday October 28, 8:30
Opening ceremony in the CERN Globe and conference photo
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday morning
Tuesday October 29, 19:30
Wednesday October 30 afternoon
Visit of CERN facilities. This will be a unique opportunity to visit one of the LHC experimental underground caverns, as the LHC will be in shutdown mode. The visit will also include the LHC magnet test facility known as SM18. Early registration for the visit is recommended.
Thursday October 31, morning
Round table discussion and conclusions of the conference
– National and international cooperative programs on thorium technologies
– New conceptual aspects of thorium energy systems (Cooling, moderation, blanket, containment, safety, etc.)
– Thorium properties and resources
– Thorium fuel manufacturing
– Back-end of the thorium fuel cycle, fuel recovery and recycling
– Thorium utilization in critical reactors, neutronic aspects
– Thorium utilization in accelerator driven systems (ADS)
– Thorium and the elimination of nuclear waste
– Safety, proliferation and regulatory issues
Follow the steps below to secure your place:
1. First you register here for your External Account (for non-CERN registered).
2. In your email you will receive a password.
3. Login to the Registration Form using your password.
4. In your confirmation email you will receive a “conference identification number”.
5. Use your “Conference identification number” when you pay the conference fee to:
Bank Transfer details:
BCGE c/c Entreprises
Reference: Conf. ThEC 13
N IBAN : CH2400788000050366478
N BIC/SWIFT : BCGECHGGXXX
Clearing/CB : 788
6. Your registration will be validated as soon as the bank transfer is registered.
– For registration prior to August 31, 2013: CHF 600, including reception, the banquet, lunches, coffee breaks, and the CERN facility visit.
– For registration after August 31, 2013: CHF 800.
– If you are accompanied for the banquet, please add CHF 250 to the conference fees when making your payment
A pre-conference cocktail party will be held on Sunday October 27, from 17:00 to 20:00 (location to be announced soon).
It is strongly adviced for all participants to attend and collect the check-in material there in order to avoid Monday registration queuing.
The check-in material will include a pass which will be mandatory in order to be allowed into the Globe of Science and Innovation at CERN.
At present we are contacting international advisors in the development of thorium energy systems in order to establish an International Scientific Advisory Committee (ISAC) to get their advice on topics and potential speakers.
Readers of this announcement are encouraged to propose topics and speakers. Such proposals will be considered when deciding on the conference programme.
Please send your proposal to ThEC13@itheo.org
Further information will be made available soon at our ThEC13 pageor at the CERN ThEC13 page.
We look forward to seeing you at ThEC13 in Geneva!
ThEC13 page CERN
CERN Globe of Science and Innovation
ThEC13 page IThEO
CERN - the European Organization for Nuclear Research