A new report from GlobalData titled “Thorium-based Reactors - A New Lease of Life for Nuclear Power Development” has been made available for purchase via ResearchAndMarket.
Thorium-based reactors are expected to provide a new lease of life for nuclear power development. Abundant reserves and the unique characteristics of thorium will be prime drivers for the nuclear power industry in the years to come. Thorium technology can be a countermeasure for problems such as burgeoning power demand, anti-nuclear public concerns on nuclear safety, waste management and nuclear proliferation. Thorium-based reactors can generate a huge amount of power and produce less radioactive waste.
Additionally, they are safer for operation and supposedly proliferation resistant. The research and development of thorium-based reactors has been ongoing for the last four decades in countries such as Belgium, Brazil, China, Canada, Germany, Norway, the Netherlands, India, Japan, Russia, the UK and the US. Currently, China, India and the US are in the forefront for developing this technology.
- The report focuses on the latest developments related to Thorium-based reactors
- Describes the importance of Thorium-based reactors in current nuclear scenario
- Specifies the key attributes of thorium fuel
Reasons to buy
- Understanding the importance of the development of Thorium technology
- Gain insights on advantages of thorium fuel
- Facilitate decision-making based on upcoming market developments related to Thorium-based reactors
"A New Lease of Life for Nuclear Power Development" by GlobalData via ResearchAndMarkets.com